Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $6.95+ AU $4.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by loveabookstore-australia
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLove and Summer - a remarkable, heart-rending vel by acclaimed writer William Trevor. Lingers in the memory as a beautiful meditation on love, belonging and the impossibility of escape . ( Observer ). Unbearably moving . ( Spectator ). It is summer and a stranger has come to quiet Rathmoye. He is ticed by Ellie, the young convent girl, who is married to Dillahan, a farmer still mourning his first wife. Over the long and warm days, Ellie and the stranger form an illicit attachment. And those in the town can only watch, holding their tongues, as passion, love and fate take their inevitable course. A portrait of a brackish rural backwater, complete with family tragedy, sexual scandal, a repressed spinster and a half-crazed ancient retainer ...delicate, elegiac, written with all Trevor's trademark compassion and understanding . ( Daily Mail ). A series of wrenching human dramas, which Trevor depicts with kindness and beautiful delicacy . ( Sunday Telegraph ). Brilliant. Trevor is the ultimate Old Master . ( Evening Standard ). Beautiful. A flawless work of art . ( Independent on Sunday ). Readers of The Story of Lucy Gault and Felicia's Journey will adore Love and Summer . It will also be cherished by readers of Colm Toibin and William Boyd. William Trevor was born in Mitchelstown, County Cork. He has written eighteen vels and vellas, and hundreds of short stories, for which he has won a number of prizes including the Hawthornden Prize, the Yorkshire Post Book of the Year Award, the Whitbread Book of the Year Award and the David Cohen Literature Prize in recognition of a lifetime's literary achievement. In 2002 he was knighted for his services to literature. His books in Penguin are: After Rain ; A Bit on the Side ; Bodily Secrets ; Cheating at Canasta ; The Children of Dynmouth ; The Collected Stories (Volumes One and Two); Death in Summer ; Felicia's Journey ; Fools of Fortune ; The Hill Bachelors ; Love and Summer ; The Mark-2 Wife ; Selected Stories ; The Story of Lucy Gault and Two Lives .
- Author BiographyWilliam Trevor was born in Mitchelstown, County Cork in 1928. He has written many novels, and has won many prizes including the Hawthornden Prize, the Yorkshire Post Book of the Year Award, and the Whitbread Book of the Year Award. His previous novel The Story of Lucy Gault was shortlisted for the Booker Prize.He is also a celebrated short-story writer and his two-volume Collected Stories was published by Viking Penguin in 2009. In 1999 William Trevor received the prestigious David Cohen Literature Prize in recognition of a lifetime's literary achievement, and in 2002 he was knighted for his services to literature. He now lives in Devon.
- PrizesShortlisted for International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award 2011.
- Author(s)William Trevor
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication29/04/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight158 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $72.34New
- AU $28.99New
- AU $16.49New
- AU $12.89Used
- AU $79.87New
- AU $18.82New
- AU $113.79New
- AU $22.53New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.99
- AU $13.82Trending at AU $16.49
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $79.87
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $12.64Trending at AU $22.59
- AU $17.03Trending at AU $20.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.