All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRabbi Joseph B. Soloveitchik (1903-1993) profoundly influenced modern Orthodox Judaism by opening up a discourse between the tradition of Torah study and Western philosophical thought. The future of both religious Zionism in Israel and of orthodoxy hangs to a great extent on how we interpret his intellectual legacy. Dr. David Hartman's penetrating analysis of Rabbi Soloveitchik's work reveals a Judaism committed to intellectual courage integrity and openness. A rewned theologian and philosopher Hartman meticulously explores the subtlety and complexity of Rabbi Soloveitchik's theological thought exposing a surprising intersection of halakhic tradition and modern Western theology-a confrontation that deepens and expands our spiritual understanding. Hartman's provocative interpretation bears witness to the legitimacy of remaining loyal to the Judaic tradition without sacrificing one's intellectual freedom and honesty.
- Author BiographyDr. David Hartman, who studied with Rabbi Soloveitchik for a decade, is one of the most respected theologians in the world today. He is the founder and director of the Shalom Hartman Institute in Jerusalem.
- Author(s)David Hartman
- PublisherJewish Lights Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2004
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJewish Lights Publishing
- Content Noteindex, bibliography
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.