All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a magnificently illustrated and enlightening journey through the visual portrayal of love and sexuality in Western art. Even in the modern world where explicit imagery is manifest, an erotic painting from half a millennia ago can still manage to create a sensation. This new addition to the highly-acclaimed Guide to Imagery Series takes readers on a fascinating romp through the portrayal of love and sexuality in Western art - ranging from chaste tenderness to overwhelming frenzies of the senses, and from Classical allusion to sexual fantasy. Individual chapters focus on specific themes, with a detailed and informative reading of the significance and symbolic content of the individual works illustrating each theme.
- Author BiographyStefano Zuffi is the author of Gospel Figures in Art, European Art of the Fifteenth Century, and European Art of the Sixteenth Century.
- Author(s)Stefano Zuffi
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication06/05/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJ. Paul Getty Museum
- Content Note400 full-colour illustrations
- Weight720 g
- Width137 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.