All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionLove as a Guide to Morals is an entry-level introduction to the ethical importance of love. Written in conversational format this book looks uniquely at the complexity of love in human relationships and how love can guide ethical decision-making. The book suggests that love in all its intricacy-erotic/erosic love, friendship, affection, and agapic love-is the great good of human life. The book argues that love has a unifying power for morality, and is more suited to ethical thinking and practice than any other idea. Love as a Guide to Morals uses a modified Aristotelian argument (after Alsdair MacIntyre) and suggests loving relationships rather than happiness as the goal of human life.
- Author(s)Andrew L. Fitz-Gibbon
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- Series TitleValue Inquiry Book Series / Ethical Theory and Practice
- Series Part/Volume Number249
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintEditions Rodopi B.V.
- Weight261 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.