All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe seventh title in this brilliant series about Anna Hibiscus, who lives in Africa with her large extended family, by a rewned Nigerian storyteller. Anna Hibiscus is on holiday with Grandmother and Grandfather in the village where they were born. She befriends the local children there and teaches them their ABC and 123. When Anna goes to market one day and a boy steals a banana from her, she runs after him. It turns out that the boy is poor; he lives alone. Anna and Sunny Belafonte become friends and when Sunny is taken ill, it is Anna who makes sure he gets the medical help he needs. Happily, Grandfather invites Sunny Belafonte to come and live with them, and be part of their family.
- Author BiographyAtinuke was born in Nigeria and spent her childhood in both Africa and the UK. She works as a traditional oral storyteller in schools and theatres all over the world. Atinuke is the author of two children's book series, one about Anna Hibiscus and the other about the No. 1 Car Spotter. Atinuke lives on a mountain overlooking the sea in west Wales. She supports the charity SOS Children's Villages. Lauren Tobia lives in Southville, Bristol. She shares her tiny house with her husband and their two yappy Jack Russell terriors. When Lauren is not drawing, she can be found drinking tea on her allotment.
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/04/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleAnna Hibiscus
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Weight85 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Lauren Tobia
- Interest AgeFrom 6
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $50.01Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.