All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionStuck. That's how 33-year-old aspiring singer Celeste Duncan feels. Stuck with her deadbeat boyfriend and static career. But then Celeste receives a puzzling phone call and a box full of mysterious family heirlooms, which just might be the first real clue to the identity of the father she never knew. Impulsively, Celeste flies to Japan to search for a long-lost relative who could be able to explain. She stumbles head first into a weird, wonderful world where thing is quite as it seems - a land with an inexplicable fascination with foreigners, karaoke boxes, and unbearably perky TV stars. With little kwledge of Japanese, Celeste finds a friend in her English-speaking homestay brother, Takuya. And then, as they cross the country following a trail after Celeste's family, she discovers she's developing 'more-than-sisterly' feelings for him. Can Celeste find her true self in this strange land, and discover that love can transcend culture?
- Author BiographyWendy Nelson Tokunaga received her MFA in writing from University of San Francisco, and her short stories have appeared in a variety of publications. She lives in San Francisco, California, with her Japanese-born surfer-dude/musician husband and their cat Meow.
- Author(s)Wendy Tokunaga
- PublisherGriffin Publishing
- Date of Publication04/12/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaint Martin's Griffin,U.S.
- Out-of-print date16/04/2011
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.