Love in a Headscarf: Muslim Woman Seeks the One by Shelina Zahra Janmohamed (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $8.88+ AU $6.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'At the age of thirteen, I knew I was destined to marry John Travolta. One day he would arrive on my North London doorstep, fall madly in love with me and ask me to marry him. Then he would convert to Islam and become a devoted Muslim.' Shelina is keeping a very surprising secret under her headscarf - she wants to fall in love. Torn between the Buxom Aunties, romantic comedies and mosque Imams, she decides to follow the arranged-marriage route to finding Mr Right, Muslim-style. Shelina's captivating journey begins as a search for the One, but along the way she also discovers her faith and herself. A memoir with a hilarious twist from one of Britain's leading female Muslim writers, Love in a Headscarf is an entertaining, fresh and unmissable insight into what it means to be a young British Muslim woman. Shelina Janmohamed is a columnist for the Muslim News and EMEL magazine and regularly contributes to the Guardian., the BBC and Channel 4. She is much in demand as a commentator on radio and television and has appeared on programmes including Newsnight and The Heaven and Earth Show. Her award-winning blog, Spirit 21, is hugely popular. Love in a Headscarf is her first book.
- Author BiographySHELINA ZAHRA JANMOHAMED writes columns for EMEL magazine and the Muslim News and regularly contributes to the Guardian, the BBC and Channel 4. She is much in demand as a commentator on radio and television and has appeared on programmes including Newsnight and The Heaven and Earth Show. Her award-winning blog, Spirit21, is hugely popular. She is a graduate from New College, Oxford. She lives in London. Love in a Headscarf is her first book.
- Author(s)Shelina Zahra Janmohamed
- PublisherAurum Press Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAurum Press Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.