Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe critically acclaimed cult velist makes visceral the terrors of life in Jim Crow America and its lingering effects in this brilliant and wondrous work of the imagination that melds historical fiction, pulp ir, and Lovecraftian horror and fantasy.Chicago, 1954. When his father Montrose goes missing, 22-year-old Army veteran Atticus Turner embarks on a road trip to New England to find him, accompanied by his Uncle George publisher of The Safe Negro Travel Guide and his childhood friend Letitia. On their journey to the mar of Mr. Braithwhite heir to the estate that owned one of Atticus s ancestors they encounter both mundane terrors of white America and malevolent spirits that seem straight out of the weird tales George devours.At the mar, Atticus discovers his father in chains, held prisoner by a secret cabal named the Order of the Ancient Dawn led by Samuel Braithwhite and his son Caleb which has gathered to orchestrate a ritual that shockingly centers on Atticus. And his one hope of salvation may be the seed of his and the whole Turner clan s destruction.A chimerical blend of magic, power, hope, and freedom that stretches across time, touching diverse members of two black families, Lovecraft Country is a devastating kaleidoscopic portrait of racism the terrifying specter that continues to haunt us today.
- Author(s)Matt Ruff
- Date of Publication16/02/2016
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight499 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.50
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.63
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.28
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $24.73
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.61
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.