All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecognized as a major invator in the weird story, H. P. Lovecraft (1890-1937) was an author whose influence was felt by nearly every writer of horror, fantasy, and science fiction in the second half of the twentieth century. In H. P. Lovecraft and Influence: His Predecessors and Successors, Robert H. Waugh has assembled a collection of essays that t only examine the effect Lovecraft's work has had-and continues to have-on writers, but how Lovecraft's writing was shaped by those who preceded him. Chapters in this collection are devoted to authors such as Jonathan Swift, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Edgar Allan Poe, Lord Dunsany, Ramsey Campbell, Thomas Ligotti, Stephen King and more.
- Author BiographyRobert H. Waugh is professor emeritus in the English department at the State University of New York at New Paltz. He is a leading Lovecraft scholar, whose books include The Monster in the Mirror: Looking for H. P. Lovecraft (2006) and A Monster of Voices: Speaking for H. P. Lovecraft (2011).
- PrizesWinner of Washington Book Publishers Book Design & Effectiveness Awards Illustrated Interiors Category 2014.
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in Supernatural Literature
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Weight435 g
- Width157 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byRobert H. Waugh
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.