All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeloved, late French illustrator Raymond Peynet is perhaps best kwn for his charming lovers immortalized in dolls, books, and accessories as the perfect symbols of amour. This delightful book presents a selection of Peynet's whimsical drawings along with quotations by famous writers on love. Created in 1942, in front the bandstand of Valence in Drome, Raymond Peynet illustrated his couple of lovers that would quickly grow to gain worldwide popularity. Delicate in construction, his simple line drawings contain meanings that are anything but. The loving couple is depicted all over Paris, taking part in different activities and portrayed in varied locations. Looking at an illustration, the first thing you tice is the eyes, then the se, the mouth, and the hat-his signature features. One line defines the ridge of the se, beginning at the tip and reaching beyond the eyebrows-a style that was typical of his time. The eyes evoke incence, and the mouth-a little dot or a small line-is never vulgar. Furthermore, the delicacy of the line draws you into a world of fantasy, an ambiance of pleasure and love. In Peynet's day, illustrators took their time and invited the viewer to do the same when contemplating a drawing. Peynet occasionally used pastels and gouache (materials reminiscent of childhood) to create a warm and peaceful atmosphere. Today, these color tones are seldom used: In the digital world of the Internet and Photoshop, hardly anyone remembers gouache. Flipping through these pages, remember a world of incence and carelessness-the beauty of Peynet's Lovers.
- Author(s)Raymond Peynet
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content Note80
- Weight386 g
- Width155 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.47Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.