All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLove's Labour's Lost, the first work to bear Shakespeare's name on its title page, differs greatly from his other early plays both for its highly urthodox ending and its extraordinary use of language. This new edition presents a highly readable, modernised text of the play, freshly edited from the first quarto published in 1598. A thorough but concise scholarly and critical commentary provides exciting new perspectives on Love's Labour's Lost, and a comprehensive introduction discusses the significant elements of the play and its place in theatrical history. New critical trends are reflected in the special attention paid to the play's performance history since 1950, including films and adaptations, with illustrations of several productions. Engaging and illuminating, this will be an invaluable guide for seasoned scholars as well as students approaching the play for the first time.
- Author BiographyWilliam C. Carroll is Professor of English at Boston University.
- Author(s)William Shakespeare
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/06/2009
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleThe New Cambridge Shakespeare
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note13 b/w illus.
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byWilliam C. Carroll
- Volume editorLynne Magnusson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.