All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArguably the most gifted artist of her generation, Amy Winehouse died tragically young, aged just 27. With a worldwide fanbase and millions of record sales to her name, she should have had the world at her feet. Instead, in the years prior to her passing, she battled with addictions and was often the subject of lurid tabloid headlines. But who was the real Amy? Amy's mother, Janis, knew her in a way that -one else did. In this warm, poignant and, at times, heartbreaking memoir, she reveals the full story of the daughter she loved. As the world watched the rise of a superstar, then the freefall of an addict to her untimely death, Janis simply saw her Amy, the girl she'd given birth to in 1983; the girl she'd raised and stood by despite her unruly behaviour; the girl whose body she was forced to identify two days after her death - and the girl she's grieved for every day since. Packed with exclusive material that has never been seen before, such as extracts from Amy's teenage diaries, photos and tes, Loving Amy offers a new and intimate perspective on the life and death of the phemen that is Amy Winehouse.
- Author BiographyJanis Winehouse was born in New York but raised mainly in London. While raising her children, she completed two degrees. Janis introduced the young Amy to the music of Carole King and James Taylor and supported her throughout her musical career. In 2003, Janis was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and was forced to take early retirement in 2009. She now devotes her time to raising money for The Amy Winehouse Foundation and the MS Society. She lives in north London with her husband, Richard.
- Author(s)Janis Winehouse
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Weight273 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- sabinnovosselsk...22 Sep, 2016by
Спасибо за отличную книгу.
Хоть книга пришла позже ожидаемого срока. Но все равно я довольна. Спасибо . Книга в мягком переплете. Новая. Никаких повреждений в ходе перевозки не было.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.