Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionI vividly recall the day that I made the decision to write my book Loving Me First. While sitting in a bunker in Iraq, following a bombing, a gentleman whispered to me I wish I had gotten things right with my wife. I am a Psychotherapist by profession, I responded to him by saying, Is there anything specific that you want me to tell her? I'm getting out of here alive. Comprehending the intensity of that moment, I jokingly said to him Now, I need you to move to the other end of the bunker because this is the surviving end. We all laughed. I begin to ask others what they wanted me to share with family members or the world. It was important to share their story, insights, and experiences, especially considering the potential reality of death. Each time there was a bombing, I asked people to share their thoughts about relationships. Over a two year period, these discussions moved beyond the bunkers, men and women representing twenty-five different countries shared their experiences. Three common themes emerged: communication, sexual intimacy and emotional pain; similar to my observations with patients in the United States. Loving Me First is a unisex book that does t focus on marriage, helping you to find the perfect partner, or any other variable outside of your direct control; it examines various components of relationship experiences from a global perspective. It discusses variables that impede the cultivation of deeper intimacy, offers a collective summary of cross-cultural relationship experiences, encapsulates life lessons learned, and overs eight insights for transformational growth and emotional healing. Loving Me First empowers the reader to move forward in life with hope and happiness.
- Author BiographyThe author C. P. White earned advanced degrees to include a Ph.D. MSW, MA in Social Gerontology, MA in Strategic Intelligence, BSW and a degree in Mortuary Science. Dr. White is a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker with Board Certified Diplomate credentials. She has practiced in the field of mental health for 19 years. Dr. White has lived and worked internationally and throughout the United States. She has provided treatment to soldiers, civilians, contractors, and international patients abroad. In addition to private practice, she has worked with federal, state and non-government sectors. While serving in the military for 16 years she provided services related to individual and family well-being, mental health, substance abuse, family advocacy, family support, and preventive intervention services. In addition to facilitating many workshops and teaching courses on resilience, Dr. White has training and certifications in Prolonged Exposure Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing I & II, Cognitive Processing Therapy (Individual and Couples), Critical Incident Stress Debrief- Individuals and Groups, RATC- Specialized Interviewing with Sexually Abused Children, ASSIST Suicide Prevention Training, and Psychology SERE Oriented (Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape). Trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, anxiety, relationship conflict, domestic violence, grief and loss, gerontology, sleep disorders, and substance abuse are her areas of specialty. Dr. White believes that her purpose in life is assisting individuals who require emotional healing to transform to a place of happiness.
- Author(s)Dr C P White
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.