All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLoving Someone with Asperger's Syndrome is an essential resource for anyone in a relationship with a partner who has Asperger's. This book explains how Asperger's may cause problems in a relationship and offers help for communicating, coparenting, and building an emotional connection with a partner who has Asperger's syndrome. While people with Asperger's tend to be very loyal and reliable in their relationships, the romantic partners of people with Asperger's syndrome may struggle with feelings of rejection or loneliness, feel starved of physical affection, or suffer from social embarrassment as a result of their partners' symptoms. This book presents practical guidance that will help partners get what they need in their relationships by working together with their Asperger's partner. Filled with exercises for both the reader and the partner with Asperger's and anecdotes from the author's own experiences in clinical practice. This realistic, yet hopeful guide shows readers how they can express anger effectively and productively, help their family and friends understand their partner with Asperger's, and keep from being embarrassed by their partner in social situations. The book also includes chapters on parenting together and handling sex and intimacy issues.
- Author BiographyCindy Ariel is a Philadelphia psychologist with over twenty years of experience working with individuals and couples, many of whom have Asperger's syndrome. In 1992, she cofounded Alternative Choices, an independent group psychology practice that specializes in helping families with special needs. Ariel coedited the book Voices from the Spectrum.
- Author(s)Cindy N. Ariel
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication03/05/2012
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleNew Harbinger Loving Someone Series
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.