All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $198.07
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $166.93
- AU $26.91Trending at AU $29.25
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.22
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.20
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.48
- AU $38.98Trending at AU $44.19
About this product
- DescriptionA young girl begins a new life in the English countryside and discovers a remarkable horseAfter her parents are killed in a car accident, Ellie leaves the rolling hills of New Zealand behind to live in England with her uncle, who is as cold and gray as the country she w must call home. A hard-eyed horse breeder, he hates weakness in all animals, whether they have four legs or two. Although Ellie loves horses, she can t stand being ordered around by her uncle and the coldhearted Luke. Even the kind words of her cousin Joe aren t eugh to make her feel at home until she meets a horse named Spirit.Ellie sees the skinny gray gelding at a sale, and spends the last of her insurance money to save his life. She can tell Spirit is special, but she has idea that this horse will unlock a marvelous power in her. The two soon form a friendship the likes of which the world has never seen. Winner of the 2012 Lincolnshire Young People s Book Award.
- Author BiographyLinda Chapman grew up dreaming of being a writer and of riding in the Olympics. At least one of those came true. She has now written more than two hundred books including three very popular series: My Secret Unicorn, Stardust, andNot Quite a Mermaid. Although Chapman s dreams of riding in the Olympics have been shelved (for now), she gives free rein to her horsey obsession by writing about horses whenever she is not writing about mermaids, fairies, or other magical creatures. She lives in Leicestershire, England, with her husband, three children, two dogs, and two ponies.
- Author(s)Linda Chapman
- PublisherOpen Road Media Teen & Tween
- Date of Publication19/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleLoving Spirit
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media Teen & Tween
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.