All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSeptember, 1918: the First World War is nearly over and one wants to admit that a new and deadly menace has arrived which will sweep through the world. Eve waits at home in England while her husband Harvey, a scientist, works in Camp Devens in the USA where hundreds of young soldiers have fallen sick with the virulent form of influenza.No-one is safe as parents die, leaving motherless children. Fortunately for young Kate Beatty and her sister, Eve steps in when the family is stricken by the disease. James Ferber, an army pathologist in Camp Devens, befriends Harvey as the two men struggle to save army lives, but one of the two will suffer the consequences of trying. And Eve's life, like thousands of others, is changed forever by the disaster...
- Author BiographyPamela Oldfield is a highly successful novelist and children's author. She is well known for her writing workshops and talks.
- Author(s)Pamela Oldfield
- PublisherSevern House Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSutton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSevern House Paperbacks Ltd
- Out-of-print date11/03/2010
- Weight286 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.72Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $28.10Trending at AU $28.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.