All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThe best-selling gluten-free recipe book in fresh new livery and a convenient smaller format. More than 200,000 Australians have coeliac disease, and many others with gluten intolerance or other conditions are discovering the benefits of switching to a gluten-free diet. Widely recognised as the most significant dietary finding of the last twenty-five years, the gylcemic index (GI) is an easy-to-understand measure of how foods affect blood glucose levels. Low-GI diets improve health and weight control, lower 'bad' cholesterol and help prevent or reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, cancer and other chronic diseases. In LOW GI DIET FOR GLUTEN-FREE COOKING the best-selling New Glucose Revolution team explain clearly and simply how to combine the ground rules of a gluten-free diet with the lifelong health benefits of low-GI eating to enable you to live well and stay healthy.
- Author BiographyPROFESSOR JENNIE BRAND-MILLER, Ph.D., one of the world s foremost authorities on carbohydrates and the glycemic index, has championed the GI approach to nutrition for more than twenty-five years. She is Professor of Nutrition at the University of Sydney. DR KATE MARSH, a dietitian who has coeliac disease and type 1 diabetes, has recently completed a study into low-GI eating and women who have PCOS, a condition which makes it difficult for women to conceive. She has co-authored two other books on low-GI eating. PHILIPPA SANDALL has been involved in the New Glucose Revolution series since its inception in1996 and is the editor of the GI News monthly newsletter.
- Author(s)Dr. Jennie Brand-Miller,Kate Marsh,Philippa Sandall
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication27/03/2012
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Series TitleLow GI Diet Series
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2003
- ImprintHachette Australia
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight260 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- corithin04 Jun, 2012by
Good book for gluten free, Low GI ! Good value for money.
Been gluten intolerant and wanting a book with both low GI and gluten free with easy to understand recipes and ingredients....this book does both. The recipes are great and give easy to understand measurements. There are menu's to suit all ages, the only downside is that there isnt enough menu's. The GF and low GI tables are easy to understand. Overall...the book is simple to read and use.