All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt once sobering and thrilling, this illustrated history recounts how, for the past three hundred years, hurricanes have altered lives and landscapes along the Georgia - South Carolina seaboard. Walter J. Fraser Jr. smoothly weaves the Lowcountry's long social, political, and ecomic history with firsthand reports and data accumulated by the National Weather Service and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Author BiographyWalter J. Fraser Jr. is professor emeritus in the Department of History at Georgia Southern University. His many books include Savannah in the Old South (Georgia), Portraits of Conflict: A Photographic History of Georgia in the Civil War, and Charleston! Charleston!
- Author(s)Walter J. Fraser
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleWormsloe Foundation Publication Series
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note63 b&w photos, 2 tables, 1 map
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.