Lower Living Costs in Cities: A Constructive Programme for Urban Efficiency (Classic Reprint) by Clyde Lyndon King (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.04Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Lower Living Costs in Cities: A Constructive Programme for Urban Efficiency Few realize until they come to study the matter how closely the whole country is bound up with the welfare of the city. This volume brings home to the student of municipal affairs how closely the whole country is bound up with the welfare of the cities, and, per contra, how the welfare of the cities is dependent upon the whole country. There are many who think that a city can live unto itself alone, and that only those who live within the urban territory are concerned in its welfare. Professor King in these pages brings out clearly and even vividly how great is the interdependence of the city and the country. Dr. King is qualified to speak with authority on this most important subject, for he has given the subject close attention and study t only in connection with the preparation of this book and his chairmanship of the National Municipal Leagues committee on the relation of the city to its food supply, but in connection with his special studies made for the city of Philadelphia, and particularly the question of trolley transportation from surrounding territories and municipal markets. He has done his work with great care and thoroughness. His statistics and data come from source material, mainly governmental publications. Where secondary sources are referred to this fact is ted in the text or in foottes. The manuscript of this volume went to the printer in September, 1914, and is therefore based on the facts and conditions of comparatively rmal times and t upon the abrmal facts and condition of war time. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Clyde Lyndon King
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.