Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionAh, the American Dream. How's that working out for ya? At a time when the middle class is violently under attack from all sides comes Lower Your Expectations -- Randy Treu's wicked take on the fantasy that was once our reality. Whether it's your job ( our grandfathers did t seek employment that thrilled their souls, they went to work because letting their families starve would have looked bad to the neighbors ), your relationship ( It may indeed be a proven fact that love is blind, but for it to last, love must be delusional as well ), or even worse, your heightened sense of the dreaded a word ( As we have seen, awareness doesn't change anything, blame does ) Lower your Expectations takes it all down with a witty and irreverent vengeance. As America learns to lower her expectations, her citizens will have far less reason to seek out professional help. Therapists will become the steelworkers of the 21st century - unneeded and unemployable with few transferable skills to help them make their way in a post-therapeutic America. It could be that in a few years, we will find this overeducated underclass of former self-help guru's populating America's street corners holding up signs saying, 'Will trade therapy for food.' It's time to make this dream come true. Does Lower Your Expectations work? Hell, look around; you're getting old, your spouse bores the hell out of you and your career, which seemed like a dumb idea back then, is w life threatening. What have you got to lose?
- Author BiographyAbout the Author After years of exhaustive study in the area of thwarted expectations, Randy Treu is generally considered to be one of the foremost experts in the field. Of course, any successful lowering of expectations begins at an early age and in this branch of study, Mr. Treu's work is without parallel. After having been reared in a domestic environment which bore striking similarities to a Midwestern version of the T.V. show Arrested Development, Mr. Treu took his freakishly good looks on the road at the age of 18. Having been asked by certain unnamed institutions of higher learning to please go away, Mr. Treu realized that he had done as much damage to the Midwest as he could. He decided to remove himself to a place where odd is normal and normal - odd. Welcome to New York City. Around the turn of the century, Mr. Treu sought to bolster his credentials vis-a-vis lowered expectations by pursuing a stunningly unsuccessful career as a writer and producer of content for the web, but as soon as this line of employment began developing into a viable income-stream, Mr. Treu decided to abandon this career path. Coincidentally, all the internet start-ups who employed Mr. Treu went out of business virtually simultaneously just weeks before Mr. Treu decided to quit and only days before his final checks cleared the bank. Realizing before most that the Internet was just a fad, Mr. Treu turned his attention to a lasting art form; writing and producing relationship videos for a guy who offers dating advice to the lovelorn. Family and friends considered this the low point in Mr. Treu's life, but it was not to be. Mr. Treu then threw himself into documentary film production, creating lucidity were none existed and injecting an astounding amount of pathos into the sad tale of the decline of apple orchards in the Hudson Valley of New York. After some months of work, he was forced to stand by helplessly as an executive producer with the artistic sensibilities of a ground slug mangled his masterwork beyond recognition. With his soon to be ex-wife sucking all self-respect from his lifeless soul and his creative endeavors in shambles, Mr. Treu's coursework in the destructive nature of heightened expectations was now complete. He could finally embark on his thesis, his Magnum Opus, his raison d'etre': Lower Your Expectations - The Book.
- Author(s)Randy Treu
- PublisherSunset Road Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSunset Road Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.