All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpanning some thirty years, Luc Tuymans exhibition, Intolerance, speaks to certain abiding preoccupations the Belgian painter has long mined in counterpoint with a rapidly changing world. Well aware from the outset of his career that painting as an art-form was widely considered in crisis and that the role and ubiquity of the image in contemporary culture was radically shifting as a consequence of proliferating techlogical developments, Tuymans adopted a contestatory position. In a contrarian move, painting became for him a vehicle through which the most urgent and volatile issues, whether relating to history, identity, nationalism and belief, or to head-line social and political events could be eloquently probed. Organized around key thematics in Tuymans stringent practice, this ambitious retrospective will cast new light on his singular trajectory.
- Author(s)Lynne Cooke,Tommy Simoens
- Date of Publication02/11/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight3040 g
- Width249 mm
- Height302 mm
- Spine51 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.