All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLuca Selva graduated in architecture from ETH Zurich, where he also worked as a research and teaching assistant before establishing his own studio in Basel in 1991. Single family houses have been among Selva's chief interests from the beginning as means for research on questions of space, typology, design, and architectural phemelogy in general. Specific topics and problems are investigated for the first time with this type of building, and solutions found are picked-up again and developed further in other projects of varied kind and dimension. Since 1991 Luca Selva Architects have been realising a range of highly interesting projects, including semi-detached double-family homes, a house for an art collector, a house with artist's studio, or a multi-generation home. The new book presents comprehensively and compares nine of these buildings. They are documented with images, floor and site plans, sections, and elevations. The essays - by Luca Selva and Christoph Wieser - look at the single family home as an architectural task and discuss questions of design in the context of historical and contemporary positions. A conversation - between Daniel Buchner and Luca Selva - is also featured.
- Author BiographyChristoph Wieser graduated in architecture from ETH Zurich and has done his PhD at the Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL). He works as an architectural critic and researcher and lectures at various Swiss universities of applied sciences.
- Author(s)Christoph Wieser,Daniel Buchner
- PublisherPark Books
- Date of Publication15/12/2014
- Place of PublicationZurich
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPark Books
- Content Note94 colour, 73 b&w
- Weight666 g
- Width150 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.