All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLucien Herve (b. 1910), one of the great architectural photographers of the twentieth century, collaborated with Le Corbusier from 1949 until the rewned architect died in 1965. Herve approached his subjects seeking t only to document the buildings he was commissioned to photograph but also, especially, to convey a sense of space, texture, and structure. Through light and shadow, Herve defined the dialogue between substance and form. By delineating a strong contrast between light and shadow as well as placing emphasis on building details, the photographer was able to communicate the depth of a room, the surface of a wall, or the strength of a building's framework. For too long, Herve the master of architectural photography has eclipsed Herve the photographer whose career began as early as 1938 and whose subject matter varied widely. Featuring more than one hundred of his photographs in every genre, this book celebrates Herve's work as an artist, creating images that serve t simply as records but stand as works of a singular imagination.
- Author BiographyOlivier Beer is a poet, novelist, playwright, and screenwriter.
- Author(s)Oliver Beer
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication30/05/2004
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJ Paul Getty Trust Publications,US
- Content Note123 illustrations, (12 colour )
- Weight1860 g
- Width200 mm
- Height320 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.