All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first English language technical study of one of the most important Italian artists of the post-WWII period. Lucio Fontana (1899-1968) is widely regarded as one of the most influential and invative post-World War II Italian artists. Best kwn for his tagli - slashed, mostly mochromatic canvases - Fontana fashioned a remarkably multifaceted oeuvre that encompasses architecture, sculpture, and ceramics, as well as painting. In his quest to expand the vocabulary of his art, Fontana subjected the pictorial surface of his paintings to a remarkable assortment of punctures, gashes, and slashes, as well as adornments of glass fragments, glittering aluminium flakes, and sand. This richly illustrated book presents the first technical study in English of this important painter. Initial chapters present an informative overview of Fontana's life and work.
- Author BiographyPia Gottschaller is a freelance paintings curator and conservator.
- Author(s)Pia Gottschaller
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication26/07/2012
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGetty Conservation Institute,US
- Content Note76 full-colour & 18 b&w illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width191 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.