All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLucky Peach is a quarterly journal of food and writing. Each issue focuses on a single theme, and explores that theme through essays, art, photography, and recipes. Lucky Peach #13, our Feel the Joy issue, arrives just in time for the holiday season. Like Dorie Greenspan, the high priestess of holiday (and year-round) baking, we're indiscriminate lovers of all holidays. This issue's educational: there's fiction from Anthony Bourdain, with real advice on how t to ruin a turkey dinner (hint: two turkeys), and recipes for recreating Peter Meehan's traditional Christmas Eve Feast of the One Fishes (that's lobster rolls). Our celebrations take us all around the world, from a halal butcher shop in New York's East Village to Haiti, where Adam Gollner celebrates with Vodounistes. We learn from a mithai master at a sweets shop in London, celebrate Christmas in India, home of some of the world's oldest Christian communities, and marvel at mountains of food in Indonesia, where celebrations are marked by gunangans (food mountains). We learn the science behind what happens when we overeat; plus plans for how to build your own gingerbread mansion and cocktail cures for what ails you.
- Author BiographyDavid Chang is the chef and founder of Momofuku, which includes award-winning restaurants in New York City, Sydney, and Toronto. He has been honored as a Time 100, Fortune's 40 Under 40, and was named a GQ Man of the Year. He lives in New York City. Peter Meehan is a former New York Times restaurant columnist. His writing has appeared in many foreign and domestic magazines and he has coauthored a handful of books, including the bestselling Momofuku cookbook. He lives in New York City. Chris Ying was the publisher of McSweeney's before he assumed the role of editor in chief of Lucky Peach. He is the coauthor of Ivan Ramen and of the forthcoming Mission Chinese Food cookbook. He lives in San Francisco.
- PublisherLucky Peach
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLucky Peach
- Weight457 g
- Width216 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byChris Ying,David Chang,Peter Meehan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.