Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.73Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLucky Peach #7, the TRAVEL issue, is about going places--and sometimes getting lost. ANTHONY BOURDAIN talks Deliverance, Apocalypse Now, and Southern Comfort. HAROLD MCGEE schools us about the (possibly) harmful substances that travel from plastic to-go containers and into our food. ROY CHOI waxes poetic on the Aloha spirit. JASON POLAN visits the most beautiful Taco Bell in the world. And it wouldn't be a travel issue without travel tips galore: how to avoid traveler's diarrhea (BENJAMIN WOLFE), the ins and outs of street food (RICK BAYLESS), and all about traveling with kids (NAOMI DUGUID). Ultimately, we learn that getting lost means finding good stuff in places we least expect it: chicken tamales at a gay cantina in Merida; the world's most dangerous chicken in Rio de Janeiro; an epic sub on the Jersey Shore. Plus: the history of curry--the world's best traveled dish--from bunny chow to fish-head curry, along with recipes too. PLUS: Travel tips from AZIZ ANSARI, JONATHAN GOLD, MARIO BATALI, and more Punk rock touring with BROOKS HEADLEY On the road with ANDY RICKER Eating camel with ANISSA HELOU Cocktail recipes straight from the minibar Dispatches from Crete, Tartarstan, North Korea New fiction by JACK PENDARVIS Hawaiian recipes from ROY CHOI and CHRISTINA TOSI
- Author BiographyDavid Chang is the chef and owner of the Momofuku restaurants. He has been honored with awards from Food & Wine magazine and Bon Appetit. he was named one of Time's 100, a GQ man of the year and called one of the most influential people of the 21st century by Esquire. He has taken home three James Beard Foundation awards.
- PublisherMcSweeney's Publishing
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcSweeney's Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight457 g
- Width216 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byChris Ying,David Chang,Peter Meehan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.