All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLucky Peach is a quarterly journal of food and writing. Each issue focuses on a single theme, and explores that theme through essays, art, photography, and recipes. Less summary than survey, the street food issue takes to the world's streets like a starved flaneur, flitting from birria in Mexico City to chicharron-studded tortillas in Bues Aires, from chaat in Mumbai to gizzard odle soup in Chiang Mai's Lumpinee Boxing Stadium. This issue watches as children made stick bread in Copenhagen and shares a report on who's eating all your cigarette butts (spoiler: microbes). For Jonathan Gold, the experience of eating street food is inseparable from time and place. Issue 10 also delves into the history of Turkey in the Straw, an ice-cream truck ditty that rings out across Los Angeles; spends a day with the Doughnut Luchador of East LA (doughnut slinger by day, luchador by night); and learns what happens, exactly, when you cook with charcoal, and what nixtamalizing does to corn. Plus, a look into the wondrous array of street sausages around the globe, the best of the wurst.
- Author BiographyDavid Chang is the chef and founder of Momofuku, which includes award-winning restaurants in New York City, Sydney, and Toronto. He has been honored as a Time 100, Fortune's 40 Under 40, and was named a GQ Man of the Year. He lives in New York City. Peter Meehan is a former New York Times restaurant columnist. His writing has appeared in many foreign and domestic magazines and he has coauthored a handful of books, including the bestselling Momofuku cookbook. He lives in New York City. Chris Ying was the publisher of McSweeney's before he assumed the role of editor in chief of Lucky Peach. He is the coauthor of Ivan Ramen and of the forthcoming Mission Chinese Food cookbook. He lives in San Francisco.
- PublisherLucky Peach
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLucky Peach
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughout
- Weight457 g
- Width216 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byChris Ying,David Chang,Peter Meehan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.