All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith 24 chapters by a variety of authors, many of them experts in their subject, this books looks at Ludlow Castle from its inception to the current day. The chapters deal with the different periods of its history, from Norman origins, its period under Mortimer control, to its base for the Council in the Marches, the Civil War period, the Picturesque and recent conservation efforts. Other chapters look at individual buildings or ranges, considering details of construction, use, and adaptation over time.
- Author BiographyRon Shoesmith FSA was Director of Excavations for the City of Hereford Archaeology Committee from 1974 to 1996. Since then he has worked as a private consultant. Andy Johnson is proprietor of Logaston Press and has written and edited many books about the history of the area.
- PublisherLogaston Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationHerefordshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLogaston Press
- Content Note130 black & white illustrations & 10 colour illustrations
- Width201 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAndy Johnson,R. Shoesmith
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.