Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionA wild and brilliant tale by the winner of the Man Booker Prize and one of our most original storytellers. On a Tuesday in terror-struck London, Blair and Bunny Heath become the first adult conjoined twins ever successfully separated. On a Tuesday in the war-torn Caucasus, Ludmila Derev accidentally kills her grandfather. By December, they find themselves trudging together through a sw field, staring down the barrel of a rebel's gun. Ludmila sets out on a journey west to save her family from starvation and marauding Gnez troops. Hers is an odyssey of sour wit, even sourer vodka, and a Soviet tractor probably running on goat's piss. The Heath twins are released from a newly privatized institution rumored to have been founded for an illegitimate royal baby. They are plunged into a round-the-clock world churning with opportunity, rowdy with the chatter of freedom, self-empowerment, and sex. Dangerous cocktails and a Russian Brides Web site throw these unforgettable characters together with explosive results. DBC Pierre's second vel confirms his place in the ranks of today's most audacious and acclaimed velists.
- Author BiographyDBC Pierre's first novel, Vernon God Little, won the Man Booker Prize. His other novels include Ludmila's Broken English and Lights Out in Wonderland. He lives in County Leitrim, Ireland.
- Author(s)D. B. C. Pierre
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication17/05/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.