All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on her years of experience as an Arabic instructor, Samia Louis has developed a course rich in everyday contexts and real-life, practical language, along with a wide range of grammar-learning strategies to allow students to deploy the language with confidence. Book 1 is divided into ten chapters, focusing on specific everyday situations, including greetings and introductions; people and names; numbers, dates, and telephone numbers; and directions and addresses. The chapters allow for the gradual acquisition of vocabulary and grammar, the exercises at the end of each chapter covering all the crucial skills of listening, reading, writing, and pronunciation, with emphasis on reading and writing. The accompanying DVDs include audio material for all listening activities, dialogs, and pronunciation exercises, as well as video films of real-life situations covered in the chapters. The book is further supported by interactive reading, writing, and grammar drills accessible through the Internet.
- Author BiographySamia Louis has taught Arabic for fifteen years with the International Language Institute (ILI) in Cairo, an affiliate of the INternational House World Organization. She is also a writer and course developer.
- Author(s)Samia Louis
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2010
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight730 g
- Width171 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and 2 DVDs
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.