All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModern Standard Arabic (MSA) is the literary language of today's books, media, and formal communication throughout the Arab World, the region's principal shared language of written and official discourse. The third book in this new series for the classroom is designed for adult learners of the language at the intermediate stage.Drawing on her years of experience as an Arabic instructor, author Samia Louis has developed a course rich in everyday contexts and real-life, practical language, along with a wide range of grammar-learning strategies to allow students to deploy the language with confidence. Written in accordance with the ACTFL guidelines for teaching Arabic as a foreign language, the course is conceived in such a way to make the study of Arabic language and grammar easier for the student.Divided into five chapters, Book Three addresses the early to middle intermediate Arabic learner. The aim of this book is to help students to read and write articles, essays and texts, using a range of tenses, in correct Arabic grammar. Students will also learn how to communicate orally in a number of different situations, discussing current events, leisure activities, and practical matters.The students' facility with sentence structure and vocabulary is increased by reading newspapers and listening to news broadcasts, and by writing about real-life interests such as environmental conditions, political issues, sports, and cultural pursuits. The chapters guide students through the gradual acquisition of vocabulary and grammar. Exercises at the end of each chapter cover all essential skills and translation, with emphasis on reading and writing. The accompanying DVD includes audio material for all listening activities, dialogs, and reading exercises. The book is further supported by online interactive reading, writing, and grammar drills.
- Author BiographySamia Louis has taught Arabic for more than ten years with the International Language Institute (ILI) in Cairo (www.arabicegypt.edu), an affiliate of International House, and is the author of all the books in the Kallimni 'Arabi series (AUC Press, 2007-09).
- Author(s)Arabic Instructor Samia Louis
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight726 g
- Width173 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.