Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, scholars have explored anew the interface between the early Christian movements and the Roman Empire. Once thought to be quietistic, the early Christian movements turn out to have been critical of the Empire and significantly counterimperial. This collection of essays in hor of Robert Brawley turns the spotlight on Luke-Acts. The soundings taken here disclose deeper anti-imperial rhetoric than previously thought. In brazen and subtle ways, Luke-Acts displays an alternative realm of peace and justice inaugurated by Jesus under the God of Israel. The essays in this volume will lead you to hear Luke-Acts in fresh ways.
- PublisherPickwick Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitlePrinceton Theological Monograph S.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPickwick Publications,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byDavid Esterline,David Rhoads,Jae Won Lee
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.