Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $9.75Trending at AU $19.10
- AU $8.82Trending at AU $15.46
- AU $10.52Trending at AU $16.80
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $25.00
- AU $10.08Trending at AU $11.27
- AU $7.44Trending at AU $12.15
About this product
- DescriptionA celebration of books and people who love them. A moment-by-moment account of a very young child's visit to the local library. The charming illustrations perfectly capture the little girl's enthusiasm for books and stories, and paint a lovely picture of her book-loving Mum. This is a perfect story to prepare young children for a library visit.
- Author BiographyAnna McQuinn trained as a teacher, specialising in Children's Literature, and worked directly with children for a number of years before moving into publishing. Since then, she has been working in children's publishing for over 20 years - as an editor, publisher and writer, as well as running workshops and courses in schools and libraries. Currently she combines both these areas, working part time as a Community Librarian for Sure Start Acton, running Mother & Toddler Groups and Family Book Groups in Acton Library. Anna spends the rest of the time writing. She is author of over 25 children's books and is a voracious reader. Rosalind Beardshaw has been illustrating for over 10 years. I grew up in Sheffield, she says. Thanks to creative parents I was encouraged to draw (and use fuzzy felt!) and was taken to art galleries on rainy Saturday afternoons.My favourite subject at school was Art so it was an easy decision to become an artist. Rosalind gained a degree at Manchester Polytechnic and began work designing greetings cards and giftwrap, then slowly moved into book illustration. Her first book was Fran's Flower which was shortlisted for the Sheffield Book Prize 2000 and she has illustrated many more since then including a story she wrote herself called Grandma's Beach (shortlisted for the Sheffield Prize in 2002). This book was inspired byher childhood holidays spent playing in her grandparents' garden.
- Author(s)Anna McQuinn,Rosalind Beardshaw
- PublisherAlanna Books
- Date of Publication13/09/2009
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationSlough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlanna Books
- Content Notefull colour illustrations
- Width153 mm
- Height153 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 2 To 6
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.