All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in paperback, an illustrated chapter book from industry legends Judith Viorst and Lane Smith!I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, gonna, get a bronto-bronto-bronto-bronto-saurus for a pet! Lulu is so accustomed to getting what she wants that when her parents deny her birthday request for a brontosaurus, she throws a four-day temper tantrum and then storms off into the forest in search of the disaur she clearly deserves. Lulu isn't particularly impressed with the snake, tiger, and bear she encounters, but then she finds him--a beautiful, long-necked, graceful brontosaurus. Mr. B completely agrees with Lulu that having a pet would be a wonderful thing, and Lulu thinks she's gotten her birthday wish at last. Until she realizes that Mr. Brontosaurus thinks that she would make an ideal pet for him! How will Lulu ever get out of this sticky situation without throwing a fit (Mr. B does t respond well to those), or using force (Mr. B is much too tall to bonk on the head with her suitcase), or smushing her pickle sandwich? Beloved children's author Judith Viorst and Caldecott-winning illustrator Lane Smith offer a fresh and funny tale with several surprise endings!
- Author BiographyJudith Viorst is the author of many books for children, including the classic Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day and its sequels. She lives with her husband, Milton, in Washington, D.C. Lane Smith is the Caldecott Honor-winning illustrator of The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales. He also wrote and illustrated Madam President, John, Paul, George & Ben, and It's a Book, which were all New York Times bestsellers. He lives with book designer Molly Leach in rural Connecticut and can be visited at LaneSmithBooks.com.
- Author(s)Judith Viorst
- PublisherAtheneum Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication03/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtheneum Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width135 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Lane Smith
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $44.81
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.