All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEven in a land of eternal twilight, secrets can't stay in the dark forever. Seventeen-year-old Eyelet Elsworth has only one hope left: finding her late father's most prized invention, the Illuminator. It's been missing since the day of the mysterious flash-a day that saw the sun wiped out forever over England. But living in darkness is thing new to Eyelet. She's hidden her secret affliction all of her life-a life that would be in danger if superstitious townspeople ever guessed the truth. And after her mother is accused and executed for a crime that she didn't commit, the w-orphaned Eyelet has choice but to track down the machine that was created with the sole purpose of being her cure. Alone and on the run, she finally discovers the Illuminator-only to see a young man hauling it off. Determined to follow the thief and recover the machine, she ventures into the deepest, darkest, most dangerous part of her twisted world. Revised edition: This edition of Lumiere includes editorial revisions.
- Author BiographyJacqueline E. Garlick loves strong heroines, despises whiny sidekicks, and adores good stories about triumphant underdogs. A teacher in her former life, she's now an author of the very books she loves to read: young adult, new adult, and women's fiction. Lumiere, the first novel in her Illumination Paradox series, won the prestigious 2013 LYRA award for Best Young Adult Novel and an Indie B.R.A.G. Medallion. The book also received the title of B.R.A.G. Medallion Honoree. Jacqueline lives in a house with a purple wall or two, and dreams of one day having a hidden passageway that leads to a secret room. Visit her website at www.jacquelinegarlick.com.
- Author(s)Jacqueline E. Garlick
- PublisherAmazon Publishing
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleThe Illumination Paradox
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight386 g
- Width141 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.