All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's 1907 in the icily beautiful New Venice and the hero of the city's liberation, Brentford Orsini, has been deposed by his arch-rival - who immediately assigns Brentford and his friends on a dangerous diplomatic mission. They soon find themselves involved with some of the city's seediest and most fascinating inhabitants. But between attending soirees at Mallarme's house and drinking absinthe with Proust, they find a city awash with suspicion and danger. In the midst of lush adventure, a new question emerges: How are they going to get home?
- Author BiographyJEAN-CHRISTOPHE VALTAT was educated at the ecole Normale Superieure And the Sorbonne. He is the author of 2010's steampunk favourite Aurorarama, to which Luminous Chaos is the sequel. He has also written three acclaimed books of literary fiction: Album, a collection of short stories, and the novels Exes and 03, the last of which was translated into English and published by Farrar, Straus, & Giroux. MAHENDRA SINGH is an illustrator and longstanding Lewis Carroll fan. He is a member of the Lewis Carroll Society of North America, and an editor for their journal, the Knight Letter. For Melville House, he produced an illustrated version of Lewis Carroll's The Hunting of the Snark.
- Author(s)Jean-Christophe Valtat
- PublisherMelville House Publishing
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationBrooklyn
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMelville House Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight672 g
- Width157 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Artist(s)Mahendra Singh
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.46
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.10
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.