All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- Description'During those years when I lived a truly spiritual life, they called me sick and locked me up.' Intense forces are in play in the writings of Norwegian poet and diarist Olav H. Hauge. His Lumius Spaces is the life work of a restless mind and a troubled heart seeking insight into the spiritual, alert to the bleakness and beauties of nature, and intimate with philosophy and literature. His prose is rich, his poetry finely cut. Here is writing born of the need to kw and the will to survive. Like the conch of which he wrote, his writings record the building of a soul to speak from solitude. -Marvin Bell Lumius Spaces spans seventy years of Olav H. Hauge's poetry with over three hundred poems, a third of which have never appeared in English. It also includes a generous selection from his four thousand pages of journals, previously unpublished in translation, and an intimate forward by his widow, Bodil Cappelen. Ocean This is the ocean. All serious, vast and grey. Yet just as the mind in solitary moments suddenly opens its shifting reflections to secret depths - so the ocean, too, one blue morning may open itself to sky and solitude. Look, says the gleaming ocean, I too have stars and blue depths. Olav H. Hauge (1908-1994) is one of the main poets of twentieth-century Norwegian literature. Olav Grinde is a writer and translator whose works include Night Open: Selected Poems of Rolf Jacobsen.
- Author BiographyOlav Hauge: Olav Hauge (1908-1994) is one of the major figures of Norwegian poetry. He lived his entire life on a small farm in the fjordland of western Norway. He was the author of seven books of poetry, numerous translations, and several volumes of correspondence. Olav Grinde: Olav Grinde is a writer and translator whose works include Night Open: Selected Poems of Rolf Jacobsen. He lives with his wife Shelah, and they divide their time between Boston and Bergen, Norway. He runs small firm that offers professional copywriting and translation, as well as travel writing.
- Author(s)Olav Hauge
- PublisherWhite Pine Press
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBuffalo
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhite Pine Press
- Weight657 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Foreword byBodil Cappelen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.