All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFifteen year old, Danni, isn't a natural heroine, more of an anti-heroine. Everything terrifies her; sports day, a school phobia and especially the dark. Danni has always been frightened of the dark; but she doesn't kw there is good reason for her fear, until she moves to Edinburgh. As soon as she meets James MacAbre with his perfect face; fair hair and soft Scottish lilt, he draws her gaze like a lit Christmas tree in a darkened room. He is film star gorgeous and she immediately mistrusts him because of those exceptional looks. The boy will t be shaken off, he appoints himself as her guardian and follows her everywhere. An avid reader she quickly works out, he has dark secrets and is t your average fifteen year old boy. She is half-determined, half frightened, to discover the truth about him. What type of immortal is he? How much trouble are they already in and is it too late to turn back? Against Danni's better judgment James becomes vitally important to her. Danni is sure James has a black secret beneath his golden good-looks but is t certain she is brave eugh to uncover the truth. Danni can sense that those around are lying to her. Too late; Danni begins to understand that she is already wound into the spiraling sequence of terrifying events. Frightened to admit to herself how deeply she cares for James. Danni doesn't realize the depth of the danger, she and those closest to her are facing, so Danni chooses to hide under the bed rather than fight. Her deepest fear has always been losing James and it might already be too late to stop that...
- Author BiographyThe comedian, Michael McIntyre, did (in my humble opinion a very funny) sketch on his June 2009 Comedy Road Show which I recently caught repeated on Sky taking the mickey out of the names of one of our local hospitals: 'Hope Hospital' in Salford, United Kingdom. There is a strong rivalry between the North and South of England and Southerners love to poke fun at the North, even the names of our hospitals. The name 'Hope' originally came from a medieval hall, Hope Hall. They have tried to rebrand it as Salford Royal and I guess that's thanks to clever Southern wits like Michael McIntyre because I shook my fist at the TV screen, No, no, Michael, you are so wrong. Hope is a great name for a hospital! A lot of times in the tough North all you have is hope and you especially need hope if you are in hospital. But I thank Michael both for making me laugh and for helping me choose my pen name - it had to be Debbie Hope! Hope hospital quite simply saved my life; 2005 a horse riding accident resulted in a, level 4 head injury, emergency surgery and coma, unable even to breathe for myself. The injury was so bad they automatically whipped my driving license away from me! I'm told that statistically I should have died but instead I recovered because of the wonderful care I received from the fantastic facilities and superior staff at Hope.
- Date of Publication10/04/2012
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleThe Immortal MacAbres
- Series Part/Volume NumberBook 1
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.