All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLundy Island lies far out in the Bristol Channel, between the coasts of North Devon and South Wales. Its position makes it a natural fortress and an attractive refuge since man first inhabited this rocky but fertile outcrop throughout its piratical history up to the present day. Now owned by the National Trust it is a haven for wildlife both above and beneath the waves; cared for and managed by the Landmark Trust. This book explores the island using photographs, many of which have never or rarely been published before, looking at the buildings, the land and the very life and soul of this popular destination for birdwatchers, holiday makers or those simply seeking quiet and solitude. It will be of great interest to those who have come to kw and love this beautiful island haven, just three miles long by half a mile wide.
- Author BiographySimon Dell fell in love with Lundy Island on his first visit at the age of 8, and has been returning on a regular basis for the past 40 years. He leads guided walks there, and is a member of the Lundy Field Society. He is a Dartmoor National Park Guide , a member of the National committee of the Police History Society, and a member of the Devon & Cornwall Police Museum Committee. He has published nine books on policing, as well as Dartmoor Prison and industrial archaeology, and has written for various Dartmoor magazines and periodicals and the Times Educational Supplement. In 1997 he was awarded the MBE for his work with Dartmoor Rescue Group and services to the community of Tavistock.
- Author(s)Simon Dell
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180 illustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.