Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionFor centuries, the riders from the Spanish Riding School in Vienna, Austria, have been revered around the world for their exemplary seats and impeccable equitation. Lungeing the rider is the School's tried and true method of teaching students to attain an independent seat, and they are lunged for at least six months before being allowed to take up the reins.Why is this method so consistently successful? Being lunged temporarily relieves the rider of complex and often confusing tasks, such as managing the horse's speed, direction, balance, and alignment. It reduces the very long list of riding responsibilities, enabling the rider to become organized, learn to juggle an increasing number of mounted tasks, and concentrate on his or her own balance and self-control.This step-by-step guide to both lungeing others and being lunged unveils the secrets behind the most beautiful - and functional - riding in the world. By combining traditional mounted exercises with yoga, conscious breath work, and hands-on bodywork, Linda Benedik's unique rider-lungeing programme helps the rider create a personal balance that leads to a deeper connection with the horse while at the same time developing a stable, correct, elegant and independent seat - every rider's goal.
- Author BiographyLinda Benedik is an internationally known equestrian author, clinician, trainer, and riding instructor. She is the founder of 'Harmony With Horses', a unique programme that blends mind-body practices with classical horsemanship, and the author of the acclaimed book, Yoga for Equestrians, as well as the two-part instructional video series, Yoga & Riding. She resides on California's Gold Coast in San Buenaventura where she freelances as a private equestrian trainer for an exclusive clientele in the Los Angeles region. She also travels to teach various classical riding and yoga clinics each year.
- Author(s)Linda Benedik
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ.A.Allen & Co Ltd
- Content Note210 colour photos, 28 line illustrations
- Weight1000 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.