All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionLure of the Big Screen explores film exhibition and consumption in rural parts of the UK and Australia, where film theaters are often highly valued as spaces around which isolated communities can gather and interact. Going beyond national borders, this book examines how theaters in areas of social and ecomic decline are sustained by resourceful individuals and sub-commercial operating structures. Systematic analysis of cinemas in nmetropolitan locations has yielded an original fivetiered clustering model through which Karina Aveyard recognizes a range of types between large commercial multiplexes in stable regional centers and their smallest improvised counterparts in remote settlements.
- Author BiographyKarina Aveyard is a lecturer in the School of Film, Television, and Media at the University of East Anglia.
- Author(s)Karina Aveyard
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication23/12/2014
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content Note17 halftones, 3 tables
- Weight517 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.