All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDon Bogen s latest volume, Luster, takes on everything from bullhorns to the cultivation of olive trees in poems that are sharp-edged and open to surprise. They capture t just things themselves but the essential contexts history, power, the personal and the social that give them meaning. The stylistic dexterity and range of approaches here make the book as rich as the world it engages. Luster includes evocations of place and memory, character studies of figures from Coleridge to Tarzan, a verse epistle, and an extended meditation on machines in our daily lives, all within an overarching vision. From racehorses to waterwheels to great cities, Bogen illuminates things that go, in both their dynamism and their inevitable decay. Luster traces the sheen of human activity that clings to the world around us: imperfect, irrevocably marred by time, but always gleaming.
- Author BiographyDON BOGEN is Professor of English at the University of Cincinnati. He is the author of The Known World (Wesleyan, 1997) and After the Splendid Display (Wesleyan, 1986).
- Author(s)Don Bogen
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication03/11/2003
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWesleyan University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.