All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA lustre is a thin layer of metal which is deposited onto the surface of the pot during firing producing a lustrous surface. Lustres are very sought after, fabulous surfaces which can lure you in and keep you spellbound. Lustres can be coloured as golds, coppers, reds and blues, or have a colourless sheen like mother of pearl. Lustre is a very tricky technique offering spectacular results, but it can be quite difficult to achieve successfully, and this handbook aims to explain and simplify the process, with thorough coverage of all the options. The book covers recipes for making your own lustres and techniques for applying and firing (all critical factors), as well as showing you the results of the author's extensive testing to help point you in the right direction. Today one of the most commonly used lustres is a resin lustre (kwn as the 'commercial' lustre) which also contains some appalling thinners which are kwn carcigens. There is therefore an advantage to making your own using more natural materials. This handbook covers every lustre that can be made, with recipes and kiln instructions.
- Author BiographyGreg Daly has previously written Glazes and Glazing for us, is well established in the ceramic field and has run workshops on creating lustres. He exhibits in group shows around the world, has work in 70 different national and international museums and has won many awards for his work.
- Author(s)Greg Daly
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/01/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleCeramics Handbooks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteApprox. 110
- Weight365 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.