All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe word 'luxury' has almost lost its meaning. Once used to describe genuinely prestigious products or places, the concept of luxury has been hijacked by a multitude of aspiring or overpriced commodities, from foot spas to chocolates. So what is real luxury? Which are the genuine luxury brands, and how have they reacted to the rise of the 'mass luxury' sector? What strategies do they use to lift themselves into the realm of the truly elite? Who are their customers - and what kind of lives do these remarkable people lead? How do luxury brands attract and retain them? And above all, where can the industry turn w excess is out of fashion? With wit, accuracy and insatiable curiosity, Luxury World takes us on a voyage around the luxury universe, slipping behind the facades of the world's most sophisticated businesses to show the reader how they function. Among other destinations, best-selling author Mark Tungate visits Swiss watchmakers, the Champagne houses of France, the diamond district of Antwerp, the luxury enclave of Monte Carlo, the discreet ateliers of the last craftsmen and a host of brands in Paris - the self-proclaimed capital of elegance. Along the way, he uncovers the true face of today's luxury industry.
- Author BiographyMark Tungate is the author of the best-selling Fashion Brands, Adland and Branded Male, all published by Kogan Page. Based in Paris, he is a journalist specializing in media, marketing and communication. He writes regularly about advertising, style and popular culture for the French media magazine Strategies and the trends intelligence service WGSN. His work has also appeared in The Times, The Independent and The Telegraph, as well as the magazine CNN Traveller. He is a copywriter for several brands and advertising agencies and he regularly speaks at conferences around the world.
- Author(s)Mark Tungate
- PublisherKogan Page Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2009
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKogan Page Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight577 g
- Width163 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.