Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- Description'Quietly lyrical...Chessman's style is fluid and ubtrusive, and manages to be meditative without being abstract' - Kirkus Reviews 'Chessman's language flows like a summer river...A poetic and moving first vel' - Booklist Chessman takes us into the world of Mary Cassatt's early Impressionist paintings through Mary's sister Lydia, whom the author sees as Cassatt's most inspiring muse. The vel's subtle power rises out of its sustained inquiry into art's relation to the ragged world of desire and mortality. Illustrated with 5 full-colour plates.
- Author BiographyHarriet Scott Chessman teaches writing at Yale University and is the author of the critically acclaimed debut novel, Ohio Angels. She has also written a book on Gertrude Stein, The Public is Invited to Dance, as well as many essays on modern literature. She lives in Connecticut.
- Author(s)Harriet Chessman
- PublisherSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/12/2001
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.