All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of Easter has been told for two thousand years. But less is kwn about it w than when it began in Roman occupied Palestine...Lydia is a Roman woman of ble ancestry, and the wife of Pontius Pilate, the procurator of Judea. She has a unique quality about her, unlike her contemporaries in Roman society, in that she finds herself very aware of the feelings and sensitivities of others, and it is this ability that will haunt her for years to come. When a local man is accused by his own people of crimes worthy of death, Pilate is asked to judge his incence or guilt. The night before the trial, Lydia is visited by the accused figure in her dreams. He convinces her of his incence in an unfamiliar voice that burns itself into her memory, warning her that disaster will surely follow if her husband is involved in this case. Igring his wife's advice, the procurator decides the fate of the accused, and the prisoner is subsequently executed. Lydia is left haunted by the voice in her dreams, which follows her throughout her long life and confronts her in all of her affairs. It is only years later, when she comes face to face with Emperor Nero, that she eventually meets the owner of the voice she has come to kw so well...Through Lydia's eyes, one of the most famous stories in history is told, and the birth of Easter is seen from a different and new perspective. It will make an intriguing read for any fans of historical fiction.
- Author BiographyDon Snuggs is a retired ex-nurse tutor and acupuncture practitioner. He worked for the RAF, the NHS and in a private practice for most of the 82 years of his life, and now spends most of his time caring for his wife. He finds history, biblical history in particular, fascinating as he believes it is 'more distorted than most'.
- Author(s)Don Snuggs
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication06/02/2014
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.72Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $28.10Trending at AU $28.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.