Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Lynch (USA, b. 1946) is perhaps the bestkwn of all cult directors, whose Mulholland Drive marks cinema's arrival to the 21st century. His career began more than 30 years ago, with the groundbreaking, mystifying Eraserhead (1977). With Blue Velvet (1986), Wild at Heart (1990) and Lost Highway (1997) Lynch breathed new life into the sensory experiences of film audiences and disrupted narrative logic to mysterious and mystifying effect. In the early 1990s he invented a new TV series genre with Twin Peaks. Although he is a Hollywood director, Lynch works at the edges of the studio system, exploring the many facets of his artistic talent, whose creations, including photography, painting and music, are w making their way into museums and galleries.
- Author BiographyThierry Jousse was editor-in-chief of Cahiers du cinema (1989 - 96) before turning his hand to directing with Le Jour de NoA l (1998), Nom de code: Sacha (2001), Julia et les Hommes (2003) and Les Invisibles (2005). He is the author of a book about John Cassavetes and now regularly contributes to radio broadcasts on France Inter, France Culture and France Musique.
- Author(s)Thierry Jousse
- PublisherCahiers du Cinema
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleMasters of Cinema
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintCahiers du Cinema
- Content Note100 photographs
- Weight358 g
- Width195 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.