All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1933, Genevieve Yost, Kansas State Historical Society cataloger, published a History of Lynching in Kansas. The present book is a development of that work, researched with the benefit of modern techlogy. The author locates 58 lynchings Yost missed and removes 19 from her list that for various reasons are t lynchings in Kansas. Yost apparently catalogued her 123 entries, some containing up to six names, based on her newspaper sources' headlines, t the actual stories on the lynchings. Her catalog places some events in counties that did t exist at the time of the lynching. In this book, errors in her data are corrected: misspelled names, incorrect places and dates, and the number of victims per incident. In agreement with Yost, the author finds that most of the victims were white men who were horse thieves, their deaths taking place in the eastern tier of counties bordering Missouri, an area then and w where most Kansans lived. The last lynching in Kansas took place in 1932 in the extreme rthwest of the state, and an interview of an eyewitness is included.
- Author BiographyHarriet C. Frazier, who also has a Ph.D. in English, is a retired law professor in the Criminal Justice Department at the University of Central Missouri, USA and is an attorney. She lives in Missouri.
- Author(s)Harriet C. Frazier
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NotePhotographs, maps
- Weight399 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.