All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA bonk on the head at a baseball game led to the birth of a band that would take rock music by storm. Lynyrd Skynyrd tells the story of the group that came to symbolize Southern rock, though it was a label they didn't always agree with. Wildly successful - and sometimes just plain wild - the group also seemed to personify the excesses found by many in the rock world.But Lynyrd Skynyrd suffered tragedy as well. Readers will learn of the tragic plane crash that took the lives of some of its members, including its leader, Ronnie Van Zant. They'll also read how drugs and other health issues took their toll on the group.Lynyrd Skynyrd also tells the story of resiliency - how the group re-formed (and reformed) to continue to be a force on the music scene. The group's story is one of tragedy, but also one of strength.
- Author(s)Ida Walker
- PublisherMason Crest Publishers
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitlePop Rock: Popular Rock Superstars of Yesterday and Today Series
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMason Crest Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight163 g
- Width184 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.