All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text is a commentary in the original Greek, with an introductory essay, tes, a complete vocabulary and an introduction to how to use the resources in the Perseus Digital Library. The speeches in this text show the best and worst of Classical Athens, from tawdry affairs aired in the law courts to Athens' heroic self-image portrayed in the funeral Oration, including On the Murder of Eratosthenes, Funeral Oration, Defense Against Simon, On a Wound by Premeditation, and On the Refusal of a Pension.
- Author BiographyJeffrey Rydberg-Cox is Professor in the Department of English, Director of the Classical and Ancient Studies program and Master of Arts in Liberal Studies Program at the University of Missouri, Kansas City. He has received grants from the National Endowment for the Humanities, the National Science Foundation, the European Commission, and the National Library of Medicine. He is the author of two books and more than thirty articles, and is currently working on a book about films that represent Homer's Iliad and Odyssey. He is a member of a team based at Cambridge University that is writing a new intermediate-level Greek lexicon.
- PublisherFocus Publishing/R Pullins & Co
- Date of Publication01/06/2001
- Series TitleFocus Classical Commentary
- Place of PublicationMA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFocus Publishing/R Pullins & Co
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight165 g
- Width6 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.